Election Day is Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Election day is arriving soon in Minneapolis and St. Paul. The Junior League of Minneapolis is dedicated to improving communities through action, and one of the most important forms of action any individual can take is at the ballot box. Local elections often take place every year and, because of low voter turnout, some say that the most important and impactful elections that will affect you as an individual are your local ones.
Register to Vote on Election Day: You can register or update your registration when you vote, at a polling place on Election Day or at an early voting location. You will need proof of residence to register.
Decisions in Minneapolis:
- City Council
- Board of Estimate and Taxation (two at-large seats)
- Minneapolis Park Board
- City Question 1: Government Structure: Executive Mayor-Legislative Council
- City Question 2: Department of Public Safety
- City Question 3: Authorizing City Council to Enact Rent Control Ordinance
- Minneapolis Voting Resources:
Decisions in St. Paul:
- School Board (four total seats)
- City Question 1: Whether to adopt a Residential Rent Stabilization Ordinance
- St. Paul Voting Resources:
- Mayoral Candidate Forum
- Star Tribune St. Paul Voter Guide
Don’t live in Minneapolis or St. Paul? Visit the MN Secretary of State’s “What’s on my ballot?” to see the races, candidates and issues up for a vote in your community.
The Junior League of Minneapolis is non-political, non-partisan, and does not support or endorse any political candidates.