Minnesota has released the latest test scores and many experts are calling them less than stellar. Scores show reading levels remain flat and they show a wide gap between white students and students of color.
Reading and Math proficiency of Minnesota students – 2012 assessment results
• American Indian: Math 38.5%, reading 55.9%
• Asian: Math 59.4%, reading67.3%
• Black: Math 32.6%, reading 52.7%
• Hispanic: Math 38.2%, reading 53.9%
• White: Math 68.4%, Reading 81.9%
For more on the story and links to audio clips head to Minnesota Public Radio.