From the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits:
Date: Jan 9, 2014
Time: 9 am – noon
Location: The Crowne Plaza Riverfront Hotel
Join hundreds of advocates at the highly anticipated 2014 Children & Youth Issues Briefing, which convenes each year prior to the start of the legislative session. This year’s programming will focus on innovative initiatives and emerging legislative issues expected to significantly impact our state’s children and youth. Hear from experts and leaders across the state, and engage in panel discussions to learn what’s on the horizon for Minnesota’s children and youth through the lens of policy and systems change.
The session also offers the unique opportunity to hear from a youth roundtable, engaging young college and high school students in an in-depth discussion about challenges and opportunities found within educational systems.
Programming highlights will include presentations by:
- Dr. Eric Kaler, President, University of Minnesota
- R.T. Rybak, Executive Director, Generation Next
- Melvin Carter III, Director, Minnesota Office of Early Learning
- Dr. Brenda Cassellius, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Education
- Dr. Edward Ehlinger, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health
- Cindy Jesson, Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Human Services
Register early, seating is limited.