On Friday, January 17th, President Obama signed a $1.1 trillion bipartisan spending bill that contains a $1.5 million post-sequestration increase to early childhood programs.
Early Childhood Highlights
- $1.025 billion increase for Head Start
- $154 million increase for the Child Care & Development Block Grant
- $250 million for the preschool development grants
- $158 million total for maintain the Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy grants
- $18 million increase for Part C early intervention grants
- $194 million increase for WIC